The mission of the Biostatistics & Bioinfomatics Core Facility (BBCF) is to provide and coordinate statistical, bioinformatics, and clinical informatics research support to Case CCC members in the design, planning, conduct, analysis, and reporting of research studies. Core members also play a key role in protocol review and study monitoring in the Case CCC.
- Study Design and Protocol Development
- Review of Cancer Center Protocols
- Data and Study Monitoring
- Biostatistical and Bioinformatics Analysis and Reporting
- Database Development and Management
- Participation in Educational and Training Activities in the Case CCC
- The BBCF core is available to help all investigators who are members of the Case Comprehensive Cancer Center with their cancer-related projects.
- Assistance to Cancer Center members in development of grants and proposals, and on Cancer Center pilot studies is without charge. It is expected that investigators include salary support for the appropriate biostatistics and/or bioinformatics personnel in their grants and contracts to cover future work.
- Initial consultation with Cancer Center members on other cancer-related projects (up to 20 hours per year per investigator) is free of charge. For longer term assistance, investigators are expected to provide salary support. This can be done by coverage of a fixed percent effort, negotiation of a fixed fee, or by hourly chargeback.
- When core members have contributed to a publication in terms of meeting accepted standards for coauthorship (e.g., Annals of Internal Medicine 1977; 126: 36-47) their inclusion as co-authors is expected. Payment for services provided is not a substitute for co-authorship.
- Investigators seeking help should contact the core well in advance of deadlines in order to be assured that assistance can be provided.
Contact for Further Information
Sears Tower T-206, CWRU
Wood Building WG72, CWRU
Health Space Building HS1-570, Cleveland Clinic
Biostatistical support at Case/UH: Mark Schluchter, PhD
Biostatistical support at Cleveland Clinic: Paul Elson, ScD
Bioinformatics and clinical Informatics support: Jill Barnholtz-Sloan, PhD
All other: Mark Schluchter, PhD
Core administrator: Yingli Wolinsky, PhD, MBA