The Case Comprehensive Cancer Center is pleased to invite you attend the 2nd Annual Cancer Disparities Symposium: Taking it to the Streets: Where Cancer Disparities Research and Community Intersect, on Friday, March 23, 2018 from 7:30a-3p in the Wolstein Research Building on CWRU campus.
Now in its second year, this event will build upon the progress of the 2017 symposium, showcasing cutting-edge research, with a focus on reducing and eliminating disparities in cancer, going from bench-to-bedside-to-community and back.
2018 Symposium Highlights
- Two keynote presentations, by a nationally-recognized researcher and a community leader.
- Exciting and thought-provoking sessions organized around 2 themes:
- Structural and Social Determinants
- Cancer Disparities Across Populations
- Poster session highlighting academic research and community programs
- Networking session
- All attendee forum
Lucile L. Adams-Campbell, PhD
Associate Director, Minority Health and Health Disparities Research, Georgetown University Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center
"Effect of Exercise on Metabolic Syndrome in Black Women by Family History and Predicted Risk of Breast Cancer: The FIERCE Study"
Frances Mills, MA OCPSII
Director, Cleveland Office of Minority Health, Cleveland Department of Public Health
"Cancer in the City of Cleveland: Emerging Themes from